• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf turning brown....

Bigdawg

Just Me
We use proveer house brand perf material. Most of the perf we do is fully printed and we've not had a problem with any of it that is printed. We use Oracal 290GF for laminate

On a fleet we did, the salesman vehicles had a lot of white in the perf windows instead of full printed. I've observed these white areas turning brown and look almost brittle. Not good. These range in age from a little over a year to 8 months ago.

Keep in mind we are in nice sunny Florida.. but is this typical? Is it the el cheapo brand we used? Why is it turning brown????

Would appreciate any thoughts.. including telling me I'm a dumbass for letting the boss convince me the cheap stuff was fine...

HulkSmash

Most pref is only warranted for 6 months to a year. Cheap or not, the suns going to bake it. We've had perf on our windows at our shop for over a year, and still looks as good as day 1, and tons of sun hits it. We also didn't even laminate it.

Attachments

• 37729_518033571181_177001110_30617258_4001508_n.jpg
    37729_518033571181_177001110_30617258_4001508_n.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 87

Bigdawg

Just Me
Printed like you have your windows... we have absolutely no problems. And we do tell them a year as far as "warranty"... but I've never seen perf turn brown like this

Called Proveer - once I get some pics - they'll look into it

Does name brand perf do the same thing in the unprinted areas? If so, there's no reason to not keep buying the cheap stuff...

HulkSmash

Printed like you have your windows... we have absolutely no problems. And we do tell them a year as far as "warranty"... but I've never seen perf turn brown like this

Called Proveer - once I get some pics - they'll look into it

Does name brand perf do the same thing in the unprinted areas? If so, there's no reason to not keep buying the cheap stuff...

Eventually it will ALL turn brown from my experience. But Solvex from fellers browns the fastest.. that stuff is garbage. We actually use proveers house brand vinyl only for indoor perf, works really well.

inthesignbiz

A couple of years ago, we got some perf from proveer that faded to white.
Every job we did with that entire roll faded.
We had been using thiers for a while with no trouble.
Just that one.