• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf Vinyl

legacyborn

I have never used Perf Vinyl before.

1. Can it be laminated?
2. How long does the print last if it isnt?

Thanks!

rjssigns

I spray mine(Solvex) with S-W's Kut-in-Klear. We get about 18 months on the ones we send to AZ and CA. East Coast we get 2+ years.

dlndesign

It depends on the usage? Is it long term or short term?
We print perf vinyl for monthly change-outs, we do not laminate.
If its a vehicle, then Id say yes laminate with a Optically clear, and edge seal tape on the edges, you don't want wipers or the rolling up and down of the windows to start peeling it up. I would also cut back 1/8-1/4 inch in on all sides to prevent any peeling.

Jackpine

Ditto.
It depends on the usage? Is it long term or short term?
We print perf vinyl for monthly change-outs, we do not laminate.
If its a vehicle, then Id say yes laminate with a Optically clear, and edge seal tape on the edges, you don't want wipers or the rolling up and down of the windows to start peeling it up. I would also cut back 1/8-1/4 inch in on all sides to prevent any peeling.

deadline

Where do you buy your perf and laminate?

+1. You should definitely laminate it if you can. I use Oracal 3675 with the 290-F laminate. Never had a problem with it if it is installed correctly.

Where do you buy your perf and laminate?