• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf. window film how much charge?

hjlanda22

I have a customer that wants to wrap his windows but request perf. window film it is for to rear windows (1 on each side) and 1large for rear window on a bronco. I am unsure on correctly charging him for the materials. I am asking for input. PLEASE

How much would you charge without installation and how much would you charge with installation? I calculated the square footage on the total job to be 23 sqft.

Also should it be printed in one peice or paneled so as to not waste material because the 2 side windows measure 47" X 24.5" (this gives me 1-2" overlap on the window for trimming) the rear window is 53" x 18"

Thanks in Advanced

hjlanda22

Oh yes also..... Are you supposed to laminate window film thats perferated? It will be printed on a versacamm 540V

javila

We charge about $150 for the back of a pickup window. $200 with lam. You need to use optically clear lamination.

Bradster941

Another point, and maybe someone can help with this, is that Window Perf. isn't cheap. If you don't do it very often, then a roll of it sitting around is a lot of money sitting there.

Maybe some one has a source for buying it by the yard.

Flame

Optically clear 290 sometimes, but usually not. I admit I'm a newb to using perf. (couple months?) , but I haven't seen a problem with my truck that has no laminate on it...

Pro Image

Every one of the GlassScapes one I have installed hasn't been laminated............I've never had someone complain............Maybe just me.

Steve C.

I charge from $95 without lam. to $160 with lam. If art is simple or furnished.
Most I do without lam, and I give the customer the information about dust
and rain so they can choose. I have perf on my truck and its not much of a
problem to me. You can't see out when it rains. Charge more for installation
on SUVs. The hinges and wipers can be tuff to work around.

wildside

perf should be laminated, not only does it protect the print it protects the driver

without the lam, it rains, now the water is sitting in all the holes, and you can see out but it is very blurry, i didn't lam my back window years ago and always bitched when it rained that i couldn't see well enough to confidently back up....

we do not even offer unlaminated perf, should NOT even be an option to any customer at anytime in my opinion

as far as pricing it, average back window $250 - 300 depending on design time around here, but we are known as the high priced guys...and yes we are proud of it, and proud of everything we send out the door

hjlanda22

well heres what I am going with

all 3 windows installed without lamination $500

If I Do Not Install it and the customer wants to take it I was thinking Id go with $400.

If lamination is added I will add $150. to the total cost now that I read how bad it is to see out of I will make my best attepmt to pitch lamination to him and I will not offer a warranty if it is not laminated.

art is being supplied its a picture more or less however I may need to suggest something eles from my files (have to look) depending on what he sends me

high impact

$500 sounds awefully high to me but if you can get it...

We've done these both unlaminated and laminated. Give the customer the option and I agree that it does not determine if we are proud of the work we do or not.

high impact

yep,

We charge $125 installed for a rear window non-laminated. It looks to me like you have basically 3 times that. We would be $375 installed non-laminated.

Design work is always different depending on layout. We charge minimum design of $45

I agree with your additional $50 per window to laminate.

hjlanda22

I know the market area in which we do busniess does effect the actual cost. I am in California where the cost of living is higher as well. I think that would justify the higher price compared to your prices in your area. Everything is more expensive in California thats why so many want to move to other states the last couple of years. But I love it here...... Close to the water (but not to close) Close to mexico (but not to close) not that far from canada (but definataly not to close!) I cost money ie. the cost of living to have everything close I guess :rolleyes:

Oh well its the weekend time for :wine-smi: (but those cost more here to DAMN IT :Big Laugh :wink: