• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

perf

WOODBS

What methods are you guys using for flat glass perf install with metal
returns? I usually have a little difficulty with the masking tape holding to the metal... I've started removing a couple inches of backer at the top with no mask tape..seems to work so far?

binki

i did that on my last install and it worked very good.

my next one has bars over the window, i was thinking about starting at the bottom and working my way up to see if the backing will unroll better.

ProWraps

print it large enough to have it stick to the moullons then squeeqe down. we do it all the time.

JoshLoring

ProWraps said:
print it large enough to have it stick to the moullons then squeeqe down. we do it all the time.

+1
Same here. We generally wrap the 2.75" rails along with the glass as well. Gives it a full figured look. :)

boxerbay

fold the top 1" backer down or just trim it off. put your two bottom corners in. roll up to top, check alignment then squeegee that top 1" into place. step back check alignment again, adjust if needed, then roll up, pull down some backer and work it down.

binki

i did that on my last install and it worked very good.

my next one has bars over the window, i was thinking about starting at the bottom and working my way up to see if the backing will unroll better.

We did this today and it worked great. The window was behind bars so it took two of us to line it up and keep it rolling up until we got about half way, then just one person could finish it. The backing didn't have anywhere to go if we went top down but the bars went up past the window we were working on.

It helped that they had the heat on real high inside. The window was very warm and made for a smooth install.

The other window (door glass) had the bars open so that was a top down install.