• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PerfCutContour Versaworks

702 graphics

I'm kinda stuck here. I am trying to do a perf cut with out having a contour cut. Every time I import my perf cut versa is automatically converting the perf cut to a contour cut. Has anyone been able to achieve just a perf cut?

Thanks,
Brennan

jdoug5170

Brennan...we just completed a sticker job with just a perf cut using a Versaworks with the perf cut being set from CD13. Most important is to make sure you have color value that is set for the perf cut.

I will try to have my partner post instructions when she is back at the shop tomorrow if this will help.

Doug

joeshaul

Make sure Spot Color name is set to PerfCut or one of the other allowable values for perforated cutting (Roland usually assigns like 3 names/variations).

Also make sure that "Cut All Paths" is not checked, as this will oftentimes convert all strokes from Corel into CutContour paths. To turn off "Cut All Paths", double click on the Folder image above your queue in Versaworks, go to Cut Controls, and uncheck Cut All Paths. You may need to re-add your job after the fact (think it removes the stroke/outline data as a preprocessing step).

Slamdunkpro

I'm kinda stuck here. I am trying to do a perf cut with out having a contour cut. Every time I import my perf cut versa is automatically converting the perf cut to a contour cut. Has anyone been able to achieve just a perf cut?

Thanks,
Brennan

Make sure that you are using a defined spot color (the actual color is immaterial)with the name "PerfCutContour" for your cut line and it should work fine (I just tried it).