• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perferated Window Film settings?????????????

DZineGraphX

Alright i rarely print on this stuff so im a little lost

i have a roland versacamm sp-300
and use flexi 10.5 for my printing/cutting

i know what settings to go with for the most part but is there a profile for printing on perferated?

tried a test print and its buzzing..............print head rubbing on material maybe????

Chasez

tried a test print and its buzzing..............print head rubbing on material maybe????

Pretty sure if the print head was rubbing on the material you would be getting some streaking from the head on the material. I would check your platen gap and raise if it is rubbing. Other than the buzzing, does the print come out looking alright?

Chaz

DZineGraphX

yea prints fine - odd thing is smears near the end but when im using 30 inch and printing a 24 inch print it like smears off the edge of the print and not on the actual print

been researching a bit - or at least trying to and it said to turn the heater down to 35 c - perhaps its heating up to much and bubbling the material?

mdjamesd

I usually use the 3M IJ180 rip setting. I haven't had problems with anything rubbing, however, you could try turning off your pre-heater, and lower your platen heater to 35 or so, then have your drying heater turned up to your usual temp.