• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated contour cutting with a GX-24?

Escritar

How can the Roland GX-24 be used to make a "perforated contour cut through the backing sheet" to allow removal of small decals from a larger piece of vinyl after the vinyl decal has been cut?

Escritar

Pat, Thank You

Thanks for the search. I did check those threads out, however, several were for "window perf" material and the others addressed Versaworks for the most part.

I assume using the GX-24 to perform this task will require registration marks to "align the second pass" of the knife after the "force" and "depth" has been increased.

Twisted Images

Use the same reg marks as the contour cut just run it twice and at higher force settings. i use a 60 degree. I have only done a dozen or so at a time so i dont know if it will work as well with higher qty.

jmb474

2We set up our perf cuts through versaworks. It allows us to set the contour cut pressure if we are doing contour cuts and also what pressure we want the perf cut to be. We use a 60 blade and different vinyls require different pressures for it to work.