• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated film profile for VP-540

GVP

Hello,

We have to print some IJ8171 3M perforated window film on our Roland VP-540. Can anyone recommend a profile for this material - Versaworks shows "VTV2 View Thru Vinyl"? Are there any perf. film 3M profiles for the Versacamm - I can find regular vinyl ones on 3M website, but not the perf.

Any advice appreciated,
Thanks!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I allways use the same profile I used for the wrap. I was always worried about color shift if I switched to a different profile or added an overprint.

IMHO it is what it is. Just tell the customer the colors will be muted compared to the rest of the wrap at the begining of the project. And, I show the difference in my design/color proofs to avoid "it didn't look like that in the proof I signed off on"

proline51

i have only done a few view thru window coverings, with a 50% view thru area. we have just used the GVCP profile as mentioned above and it worked fine, but i was told by a friend in the business to, set the printer up to return to origin and reprint it (double print). he said it would look a little dark, but once you install the material, you are only covering 50% of the window, so the extra ink will make the graphic pop better. and my graphics turned out fine, with no complaints from the customers.

jkl:thumb: