• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated Vinyl - applied to interior

seesaw signs

I've been asked by a client to produce or source some perforated vinyl stickers for application to the inside of truck windscreens. The client currently has ones supplied by Caterpillar and Western Star but he wants ones with his dealership name on them...
we can supply ones for the outside of windows but I can't for the life of me work out either how those supplied ones are produced and where I can get the material to print it. The adhesive is over the printed text...
Any ideas???
Thanks,
Neil.

CheapVehicleWrap

Oh man, sounds this like a real hassle because then you'd have to re-route the wiper assemblies to the inside too. And which side would you laminate?

seesaw signs

No need to mess with the wipers... the stickers go as strips along the top and bottom of the windscreens with the brand/dealership name facing out. No laminate necessary either by the look of it. I just can't work out how they would have been printed.

iSign

4 words:
clear vinyl, white ink!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
ok, you didn't really think i could hold myself to 4 words did you? :rolleyes:

Signlab has a feature in some versions of their software that assist you in designing a perforation pattern (although you could figure out your own in any software) and then with the white-on-clear capabilities mentioned above, such as a Gerber Edge, or Summa thermal printer (Durachrome?) or the rare inkjet configured for white inks... you print a perforated instance of the image in a mirror flip, followed by a white overprint with matching perforation (to become the image background, or just a base to give the translucent spot or CMYK inks something to brighten them up), followed by a matching perforated layer of black (to give the see-through quality where black is always the color facing the viewer in perf applications)

so, there is no actual perforation... just a halftone of clear dots that never get printed.

jmcnicoll

I've looked into this before. I believe you would need to print them on perf that has no adhesive on it. After printing you apply a micro dot adhesive to the printed side and done. Problem I found was that the micro dot adhesive rolls are not very wide.

Jim