• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated Vinyl Liquid lamimate

jonnyc

Hi i would like to laminate some perforated vinyl, is it possible to use Liquid laminate and if it is would I coat it flat on a table before applying or apply vinyl mask rear of vehcile then coat, I do not have a roll laminater at present until funds allow this is my only option if i do not laminate how long would the graphic last here in the uk, also the graphic would be applied to the rear window, many thanks for any reply s jonny

Circleville Signs

I never lam perf. I've got lteraloy hundreds of pieces on the road. No issues. I tell customers to expect 18-24 months before it needs replaced.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Unlaminated perf goes on sooooo much better and looks 100% better also, it just only lasts about a year. Laminated perf looks bad to me, but it lasts a lot longer. However, liquid laminate will NOT work for perf.

Take it to another sign shop nearby and have them laminate it for you. Where I worked before had no laminator in-house, so we found another shop that would do our laminating for reasonable rates. Especially if we also supplied the laminate.

jonnyc

rear wiper

Thanks for the reply gary the graphics are printed with eco pro max ink which supposely has better abrasion resistance, but with then being fitted to a rear window fitted with a wiper would you still get 18-24 months with occasional wiper use i intend to inform customer to raplace the wiper with a new one thanks again. jonny

ChicagoGraphics

You can use a spray laminate on perf film, just don't put a heavy coat on it and keep the can away from the print about 12 inches or so.

Desert_Signs

Thanks for the reply gary the graphics are printed with eco pro max ink which supposely has better abrasion resistance, but with then being fitted to a rear window fitted with a wiper would you still get 18-24 months with occasional wiper use i intend to inform customer to raplace the wiper with a new one thanks again. jonny

I advise them NOT to use a wiper if they have perf. It doesn't do any good if it's unlaminated and it will ruin the print with a quickness.

showcase 66

I advise them NOT to use a wiper if they have perf. It doesn't do any good if it's unlaminated and it will ruin the print with a quickness.

This

Get a big squeegee. You can laminate damn near anything you want with it. Just got my third one last week. I have used liquid lam and optical clear as well as not lam at all. I have had clients all upset for not having a lam on it after it rains and they cant see out the window. I have also had clients get upset that the lam is hard to see out of but that usually goes away after a week or so.

natedawg9640

i don't like perf. there is no point. Just use vinyl and tell them to use their side mirrors like they're supposed to. lol

gabagoo

I would think a liquid laminate would:
1) get stuck in all the openings and look like %^%$ when dry
2) liquid laminate is not optically clear so it will be foggy or may be near impossible to see through

300mphGraphics

I use Sign Painters' 1 Shot Speed Dry UV Acrylic Clear on both my window perf and canvas gallery wraps out of an aerosol spray can. Looks great and provides a bit more protection.

zapblam

We have to laminate here. Roadsalt, snow, ice, dirt, rain and stuff fills the unlaminated perf holes eliminating visibility.