Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PERFORATED VINYL.. WHAT THE HECK..

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by elitetech, Jun 20, 2020.

1. elitetech

elitetech Member

Dec 14, 2011
    MD
    CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT SPECIFIC SOLUTION YOU HAVE FOR PERFORATED VINYL FINAL OUTPUT.. WHY AM I NOT GETTING A BRIGHT COLOR VIBRANCY WITH PERFS? IVE TRIED THE STANDARD PROFILES AND NOTHING,, CHANGED WITH FEW DIFFERENT BRANDS AND STILL NOTHING.. SOME KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND IF YOU DO,, AND HAVE A SOLUTION,, PLEASE SEND ME A DM AND NOT ON THIS TREAD.. i DONT WANT OTHERS TO FIND OUT ANY SPECIAL SECRETS AND TIPS YOU HAVE.. THANK YOU..

Tags:
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    If someone didn't want to publicly post their "special secrets and tips" on this site, why would they share them with you?

• Like Like x 9
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

The holes are what causes it not to look as bright and vivid. However, when you install it on a window that is dark on the backside (the interior light is much less than the outside light) and view it from a moderate distance, the eye and brain make up for it fairly well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. elitetech

elitetech Member

Dec 14, 2011
    MD
    JOKING..

5. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I see your caps lock is broken. Do you usually go around shouting at everything?

as mentioned, window perf looks crappy until installed. If yours looks crappy after install. Try a different profile? That’s as far as I’m willing to share because I only keep my special secrets for PM’s.

• Like Like x 7
  6. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    Try cleaning the Caps Lock button, see if that helps.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

On a full wrap, I always use the same profile for the wrap and perf. It's never going to look as vibrant because 30% to 50% of the image becomes the window color.

If it's a perf only job, use the profile you know works on your vinyl, but beware of the heat settings. Setting them too high can cause the perf to buckle and increase the chance of head strikes. If that doesn't work buy better perf.

8. Joseph44708

Joseph44708 Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Florida
    Try a different percentage of window perf.
    One with smaller holes

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brando

Brando New Member

Sep 21, 2018
    Madison
    You could put a non perforated second surface print of the same image mirrored on the inside of the window on clear vinyl then back that with white vinyl. BUT IT MIGHT BE TO VIBRANT.

10. Alan Menhennet

Alan Menhennet Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Johannesburg
    Try a perforated film with less transparency (smaller holes) or even try a 2 x overprint. That is what is suggested for white back PVC for instance

11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    PM sent...... or as you requested, a DM.

Hope that helps. We have perfect prints and results every time doing it the tworld ways i sent you..​

12. karst41

karst41 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Please do not type in Capitols. Is is called YELLING and is viewed as rude, world wide.

Some people think that typing in capitols will get attention, but the reality is that people tend to quickly
    disregard the post, and navigate away.

Thank You

• Like Like x 1
  13. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    +1 to all stated above...
    educating your client what to expect, or designing around this limitation, would be the only solutions.

....and hats off to the capslock tipsters
    :dog42:

14. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Exactly! That's because capitols are full of politicians, and that's the last thing we need around here.

JB

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2