• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated White Vinyl -- non Printed...

splizaat

Hey guys, I have a customer with a white sprinter van that simply wants ONE window covered in plain white perforated vinyl -- nothing printed or cut from it.

I don't care what brand it is, I just need a piece 60" x 30" and the local shops here require that 10yards be bought at a time in perf vinyl.

In 6 years this is the ONLY perf job I've got, so i don't want to sit on all the extra material.

Does anyone know of a place or willing to sell me a piece? Let me know, I need it by monday in Oregon.

Matt
matt@motogfx.com

MikePro

cut your own! weeding dots is a pain in the ass, but so is tracking down a chunk of white perf.

SignStudent

cut your own! weeding dots is a pain in the ass, but so is tracking down a chunk of white perf.

Would that actually work? I thought you would need the adhesive side of the vinyl to be black. Also, if it was cut well I'd think weeding would in fact be easy...don't weed each dot, just peel away the vinyl and leave the dots on the liner.

splizaat

Who is calling who cheap?? I'm not the one who suggesting weeding it...I want already perforated vinyl -- just not 10 yards of it!

knucklehead

See if you can get a sample from 3M, or someone. I know it's a cheap-ass way to do it, but I wouldn't want a roll sitting around either.

R08

Get the 10 yds and offer it to your other customers.
If you HAVE it they will BUY.

MikePro

o_O, +1 to getting a sample!
I just threw that "cutting it yourself" idea out there, as a quick means to use what you have at the shop but with a 24" cutter sux when you need 30". d'oh
... and the perf doesn't NEED a black back, especially for a car window. Perforation is blacked-out as a light blocker for interior illumination.