• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated window film laminate?

Pegler911

Hi everyone!

When I first came to the States, the company I work for was printing perforated window film on an HP L25500 Latex, then spraying One Shot UV Clearcoat from a rattle-can to laminate it. I was fairly baffled actually, as the clear did crumble when the backing paper was taken off, so I stopped rattle-canning it altogether, and went unlaminated.

Does anyone have any recommendations to a good perf laminate? I really have no idea on this subject, and in all honesty I dislike perf anyways so had no desire to use it much, until now.

Thanks everyone!

G

TXFB.INS

you will get mixed comments on this.

if you are going with a film lamination it MUST be optically clear
we us 290F Optically Clear Cast

some claim that a liquid lamination is best way to do it.
We have never done this and have no bases

lastly you will get the ones (myself included) that since perf has such a short life why bother with lamination

Pegler911

That's exactly what I thought also. Lamination seems to be a little bit like making work for myself, for no real gain. Thankyou brother, for your reply.

H&H Group

We have recently been using the Briteline window perf with the Briteline optically clear laminate.

On our first few installs, the laminate left all kinds of streaks and inconsistencies. Has anyone experienced this and do you know how to prevent this? On other installs that we used unlamenated perf, it looked great but will only be up for a few months, so lam isn't required.

H&H Group

What you're seeing is likely where the laminate is pressed down in the holes and adhering to the window. It will vary with squeegee pressure and direction.

I've found that this goes away over time because it doesn't have much to stick to.

Thanks for the response. I will monitor it over the coming weeks to see if it starts to go away. I've read through many of the perf/lam threads and haven't seen much info on this problem from the people that are using OC lam.