• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Perforated Window Vinyl - Best for flat panel windows?

Precision

I would really appreciate your experience and opinions on the best product type to fit our printer. I have never really cared for the output/look of our perforated vinyl prints, and would appreciate any tips in material type or print application that would make these look a bit richer in color.

We use an HP Latex 360 printer.

What is your preferrred Latex compatible perforated vinyl? How many passes are you using to print your perforated vinyl prints. What is the best % of perf to use for a flat panel window application?

Does it have it's own ICC profile, or which do you use when using this product? (I have trouble finding the ICC profile with several brands).

I understand that the 3M product is probably a superior product, but the price is very pricey in comparison to the rest of the options in the neighborhood. Any alternatives would be welcomed.

I appreciate your comments.

Thank you,
David/Precision Sign and Graphics

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would really appreciate your experience and opinions on the best product type to fit our printer. I have never really cared for the output/look of our perforated vinyl prints, and would appreciate any tips in material type or print application that would make these look a bit richer in color.

We use an HP Latex 360 printer.

What is your preferrred Latex compatible perforated vinyl? How many passes are you using to print your perforated vinyl prints. What is the best % of perf to use for a flat panel window application?

Does it have it's own ICC profile, or which do you use when using this product? (I have trouble finding the ICC profile with several brands).

I understand that the 3M product is probably a superior product, but the price is very pricey in comparison to the rest of the options in the neighborhood. Any alternatives would be welcomed.

I appreciate your comments.

Thank you,
David/Precision Sign and Graphics

I thrive with this application and I am local to you if you are interested. For your application I would use an 80/20 to get the best image quality. You can run at 8 and 10 pass. You can use a normal vinyl setting. I have been doing window perf for over 20 years. I carry more alternatives than any company out there, if you really want to stand out, show your clients this stuff!!

Reveal1

Perf is one of our top volume products. We've experimented with a lot of product and currently favor Solvex 70/30 Latex from Fellers. Prints well, holds up to heat, and the thick paper liner provides stability under heat and easier handling on the jobsite. Like that it is available in 164' rolls.

We also print at 8 pass. You can try the pre-loaded HP one-view profile, but we typically use a working profile for matte vinyl with a similar white point and modified the ink and temp settings. Keep in mind perf takes on a different look depending on the background on which it is applied, tint/non-tint windows or amount of backlight. It is important to set customer expectation so they understand how the product works. Also that it is a TEMPORARY product typically1-3 years after which can be difficult to remove. Film laminate can make removal easier and maintain visibility in rain, dust etc. but also makes the project much more costly and more difficult to apply. Most of the time we spray laminate with 2 light coats Clearstar spray for extra UV protection since it is often in full sun, and always finish w/3m matte edge tape as failure often begins with edge curl.

We usually use Clear Focus products. Classic Vue or Image Vue depending on what hole ration you want. Just run it on your normal adhesive profile. For printing on a Latex, make sure you order the version that has a solid paper liner or the edges will curl up while printing. Lam with something optically clear.

Jb1983

Been very happy with Contravision 70/30.
I use the performance line not the promotional. I’ve got jobs out there over 3 years and they still look great, and for storefronts I don’t typically laminate either so the visibility from inside is great and it’s way cheaper than 3m.

I run the stock ij180mc-10 profile on it, 10 pass. Lower the heat as needed but it’s not too sensitive to it.