• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated Window Vinyl viewed from the back

Billct2

Seems like I would've noticed this...but I have never really paid attention to what the perforated window graphics look like from the inside. I have a client who has an interior trophy case with a glass front and back. The back is seen from inside an office. They want to give the office more privacy without completely blocking out the light.
They want a photo on perforated vinyl installed on the glass at the back of the case. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm wondering how best to do it. Should the print be applied to the side of the glass facing the front, which would be a little difficult. Or can I just apply it to the back of the glass on the back of the case. Would it make a difference in how it looks from the front? And how will it look from inside the office, other than backwards?

ProColorGraphics

You can get a window perf that doesn't have adhesive, meant to be installed on the inside of the glass with 2-sided tape along the top and bottom. I believe Fellers and Grimco have it. The one I used is a 80/20 pattern, so it should give them some good privacy.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Seems like I would've noticed this...but I have never really paid attention to what the perforated window graphics look like from the inside. I have a client who has an interior trophy case with a glass front and back. The back is seen from inside an office. They want to give the office more privacy without completely blocking out the light.
They want a photo on perforated vinyl installed on the glass at the back of the case. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm wondering how best to do it. Should the print be applied to the side of the glass facing the front, which would be a little difficult. Or can I just apply it to the back of the glass on the back of the case. Would it make a difference in how it looks from the front? And how will it look from inside the office, other than backwards?

I have non adhesive and also DOUBLE SIDE PRINTABLE NON ADHESIVE window perf which might be another solution to do it.

MikePro

can't install it on the front of the glass, that is on the backside of the case? per intent of standard perf.vinyl.

Signs 'n' Stuff

Hi Bill
I think you are trying to have vision from the office to the public area but not the other way? If that is the case then you can only have the image on the public side, the image is what stops vision as it give something to focus on an distract from focusing at the further distant objects. Light differences also add to the ability to look through, if the office area is better lit than the public are it will always be hard to look out even with no image. So the office will have to have no image to be any chance of vision out to public area and perf film inside cabinet.
Regards from Oz
Brett

Billct2

Thanks all. Yep, looks like I'll be installing on face of the glass at the back of the case. Not worried so much about what the office side sees, just that people sitting in the lobby won't have a clear view into the office. And I'm subbing out the print so have to go with the standard material.