• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Perks to Owning Your Own Shop

trik

Almost 17 years with my business. Flexibility is number 1, that covers a lot...lol there are definitely longer hours, but I make up for it when I can. Kids are grown so makes it easier to take off for a couple days here and there. I think all of you have touched on the perks. Biggest thing on starting up and I would say starting any new business is discipline. You can't be lazy and inconsistent, you have to be a boss to yourself as funny as that sounds. And you have to have passion for your work, and find things to keep that going! Sounds like a marriage, yeah its work and there are perks ;-)

CL Visual

There are many advantages and drawbacks to being a business owner, many of which were mentioned in this thread. More importantly to me than those factors, I was born to be a business owner, a provider, a leader, a teacher. It may sound silly but it's embedded in my DNA. I dropped out of high school after 9th grade to start a business. I had 5 people selling candy for me in 5th grade and helped them all make money while providing a wanted product. It's just me and I can't imagine being in any other position. Of course I can come in when I want and leave when I want but realistically I'm the first one in and the last one out 99% of the time. I have more pressure on me than anyone in my office, I'm responsible for putting food and many tables, not just my own. On paper, you have to be insane to be a business owner. This is just what we do. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sign consultant

Agreed with the people who own business.
Business can grow up and if you have that much business and you can bear with liabilities so go ahead and do it...if somehow you could start the shop from that will help you to eliminate unnecessary liabilities. ...