• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permanent 4'x10' sign installation-Advice please!

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
I'm quoting this sign and my concern is the installation and what to use to secure the sign to be sturdy and permanent. The client said they can have the sign mounted to concrete if need be. I was thinking some kind of frame system to go around the whole sign and bolted to the concrete. Anyone know of somewhere I can order a frame like this or will this need to be custom fabricated?

Attachments

• M4x8sign1.jpg
    M4x8sign1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 135

J Hill Designs

Im guessing thats a signcomp system. why degrade a beautiful paint job (MAP brushed silver) with framework? make the half-round posts 4 ft longer and drop em in the ground. Take the landscape into account, and create a rock base or something.

sinclairgraphics1

Im guessing thats a signcomp system. why degrade a beautiful paint job (MAP brushed silver) with framework? make the half-round posts 4 ft longer and drop em in the ground. Take the landscape into account, and create a rock base or something.

Do you have a link to where I can see this system at? Also as far as the sign backing goes, is there a brushed aluminum material thicker than 3mm(other than dibond)? I need something 3/8" or thicker for this and probably going to use 2 to so I can have the letters bolted through securely. This all looks fairly simple but just tracking down all the material is a pain. I've got another vendor routing the letters out of 1" pvc which he said is router would cut this better than aluminum and then he's going to pain them. Anyway, if anyone can point me in the right direction for getting the sign face and installation hardware that would be of great help.

sinclairgraphics1

Thanks a ton for all the info. I called the company and they do have one for a 5'x10' sign. The only thing I can't find now is a 5'x10' sheet of brushed aluminum. I'm going to have another sign guy paint the white dibond silver for me.

Ohio Sign Shop

5x10 white 3mm alum

I installed two white 5'x10' sign panels today. Got the panels from Grimco (MaxMetal) same as DiaBond. 3mm works fine in an extrusion channel, unless you are hanging heavy letters or logos, then use foam letters or buy 1/8" solid aluminum 5x10 sheet and bring 3 guys with you to install.