• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permanent gym floor options

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Hi,
We have a request to put down a permanent very large decal on a gym floor that they would then poly over the top of.
We have had people do this with epoxy floors (garage type) but not with wood.

Has anyone done this?
Does anyone know for sure how much of a top clear coat it would take to "even out" the rest of the flooring so there would not be a rise. I am aware of liability issues.

If anyone has done this and had a successful outcome please contact me directly!

Thank you all and enjoy your day!

T_K

The thickness of the clear coat would depend on the thickness of the material you use.

Do you have your material picked out?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's measured in coats, not thickness. All of those floor finishes should flow out and find level on their own. You need to build up layer after layer until it covers completely. There is some sorta gel coat, but from my understanding, it's not really suitable for a gymnasium floor.

fresh

we work with a flooring company who has done everything from elementary school gyms to a few different NBA courts.

the graphics are painted using stencils, no decals.

This is a recent job we did the stencils for.. the center court logo alone was 28 feet wide and about 15 feet tall, and its got 7 colors! We have a few upcoming jobs where its going to be about 2K linear feet of paintmask because the graphics are huge and colorful.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me, we're really good at making big, multicolored stencils. i can give you a few pointers on how to set up the files.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 102