Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permanent Ink Chips fail

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Eneid, May 20, 2013.

1. Eneid

Eneid New Member

May 20, 2013
    Hello,
    I was at a client yesterday that has a mimaki jv3 160sp , he had change a lot of parameters in the System parameters trying to resolve a problem on his own. I retrieved all the datas from the machines (including head id , etc...) and did a INITIAL :( to all the parameters.
    Together with all the data's i lost even the drivers or whatever recognized the permanent chips :(

Is there anything i could do to make the machine recognize the permanent chips?

The chips are similiar to this :
    http://image.tradevv.com/2010/10/27/34171547_1682991_600/permanent-chips-for-mimaki-jv33-jv5-bs.jpg

Thanks in advance

2. Digilab2

Digilab2 New Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Mexico
    First check if the ink type is the correct, normaly the permanent chips have an expiration date, I had a similar problem with my Mimaki JV5, and the only way I found to resolve the problem is to take out the mainboard battery and make a downgrade of the firmware to an earlier version, when you do that, the date of the printer change to the date when the firmware you are installing was released, try to put the date 1 or 2 years back.
    Good luck!
    Eduardo

3. Eneid

Eneid New Member

May 20, 2013
    hello eduardo, thanks for replying.

I see that the current firmware version is 1.4 (i see it when i boot up the machine) , as i was reading in the internet i think that this version doesn't have the ink type option. Now i have the error "kind of ink" which i guess i should change the firmware but im not sure.

Any idea?