• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permanent Kraft or substance for laminator?

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
So I have laminate roll width of 30" - but my media width is 28" - therefore centered I have 1" of laminate on the outside of the media which would cause it to stick to the laminator.

Is there any solution (besides using kraft paper) to install on the side of laminator to prevent the lam from sticking as I feed my 28" wide media through?

Thank you in advance for your time!!

AF

If the print length is short, just pay out enough laminate and manually cut the width down on your worktable. Roll it onto a core and load it up.

Drip Dry

Don't know if all laminators are created equal but, my GFP was designed to use craft paper. But I never used it in the 5 or so years I've had it.
Many times I had 54" laminate in it and I laminated something that was just 30" wide.
We just have someone hold onto the finished end of the sheet and guide it out of the laminator. It doesn't stick to the roller.

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
I currently cut the allocated sheet size of laminate (and narrow it an inch or two compared to the media to avoid this problem). However - I would love to leave the 30" roll of laminate fixated on the laminator and be able to run my 24-28" wide prints without using craft paper.

With that being said, I was hoping there was a non-stick material I could lay on the tray of the laminator so the sticky portion does not stick as the print goes through.

Thanks everyone.

Drip Dry

I currently cut the allocated sheet size of laminate (and narrow it an inch or two compared to the media to avoid this problem). However - I would love to leave the 30" roll of laminate fixated on the laminator and be able to run my 24-28" wide prints without using craft paper.

With that being said, I was hoping there was a non-stick material I could lay on the tray of the laminator so the sticky portion does not stick as the print goes through.

Thanks everyone.

Are you talking about an input tray ? because I don't see how the laminate would come in contact with that tray at all.
Is it an output tray after it's laminated that it's getting stuck to. My laminator doesn't have one so there's nothing to stick too, but I did have a Ledco with an output tray. We removed it all together. That may solve your problem

AF

Kraft is so inexpensive, I can't see why the OP wouldn't use it until he can find a supplier to slit his rolls.

GB2

Old Member
If you save a couple of rolls of the used laminate liner then you can use that and you never have to buy anything.