• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"PERMITS" Need verbage for invoice

fresh

I need to quote someone for getting all the permits for a job, but I'm doing a terrible job trying to write up what I'm doing for that fee. Would anyone be willing to share their description of "permitting"?

Please? Thank you!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
simply put - permits.

no joke, if they want to run around and get the permits, let them. i tell the customer it is their responsibility.

i quit talking to govermental people when i don't really need to...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I recently had a thread about this and got some really good answers. I had a customer who wanted to know what all was involved and why the fee was so high, so I had to kinda itemize the quote. In fact, you gave some of the best answers. Perhaps looking up that thread from just a week or two ago, might help you.

fresh

I recently had a thread about this and got some really good answers. I had a customer who wanted to know what all was involved and why the fee was so high, so I had to kinda itemize the quote. In fact, you gave some of the best answers. Perhaps looking up that thread from just a week or two ago, might help you.

ha. yeah, I just looked at that again when I searched "permits."

I think just writing "permit acquisition fee" is all that is needed, along with "evening meetings additional fee."

thank you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is what ours says on a normal quote....

Permit Acquisition: This rate is $110.00 per hour, plus the cost of the actual permit. Production will begin once the permit is obtained. Underneath that one, we have a line which says permit and costs must be paid in advance of said signwork/project.

We are probably going to put this up to $165.00 per hour.

The itemized line we used for that other thread was a once and done deal, but I might customize it for future use, just in case. :rolleyes:

nwsigns

Simple is better, gives them no room to argue with what you did not do or the value of service.

"Permit drawings and acquisition" is what we use and often add "survey" with that or on a separate line item

Marlene

depending on where you live, permitting alone may be all you need. add in if your area requires both city and state. break out electrical permits from zoning type. if you have to be on site for inspections add that info so they know there is labor/time on top of the permit. break out if you have to attend a zoning meeting & cost of permit as that too is time.

fresh

I asked more because I actually didn't want to do the permits.. the dude wanted me to go to council meeting to fight for an ugly non-conforming sign. After I sent a quote with a nicer, conforming sign, and J Hill's suggestion of "permit acquisition fee, city permit fees billed at cost" and Gino's suggestion of "evening meetings are an additional fee." The guy came back with i'll take care of the permits, lets go with the conforming signs (which were less expensive, too!)

thank you all!