• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phone System needed 4-5 phones

We've just moved into a large shop- 1700 office and 3000 shop/ bay area and i think its time to upgrade phones.
I get tired of picking up a cordless that's dead or walking clear to my desk to answer the phone. Does anyone have an suggestions?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have used the Panasonic KX-TG series for years. We do have multiple lines as well so that was important for us. Used to have the older KX-TG2000 and now have the KX-TG4500B base with 5 KX-TGA450B cordless handsets. Very good range and the handsets are fairly durable and come with decent belt clips. I need to be mobile so good cordless and multi-line was a must for me. I'm in a 10,000 sf building and the handsets pickup very good throughout the entire building from the one base which is actually near one corner of the building. You can associate up to 8 handsets to the base as well and (if desired) you can enable an auto-attendant and each handset can have its own voicemail and each line can have its own answering system as well. The base also has a battery backup which will hold it through power flickers and short power outages. I've even dropped my handset on concrete a few times and other than the battery cover flying off it still works just fine. After about 2 years I do replace the handset batteries and add keypad repairs kits (the pads in the keypads start to wear out but its and easy cheap fix). Both are very cheap to get replacements for on eBay.... My handset pretty much never goes dead - even if I forget to put it on the charging stand overnight I can still use it all the next day too.

Rydaddy

+1

We also have a Panasonic system. Not sure of the series though and not at work at the moment.

Edit: Sightline - do those cordless phones really 'work'? Not had good experience with cordless at our shop.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yeah the ones we have work great! I think part of it is the one we use is more of a commercial business model. Its about their top multi-line system without going to a full PBX setup (or at least was, they have newer versions of this series now). This model has two regular phone jacks on the base and you can use it with up to 4 lines. The range is excellent (this is a wood and steel building and I can use the handset at least 150' from the base through wall and all with no problem) as is the call quality. The only thing that is sort of crappy on this model is the music on hold. It works well enough but the quality of the music playback is not very good and the stock music is awful. lol

dypinc

Go with DECT 6.0 Plus Technology - 1.9GHz phones. You will have better wall [FONT=Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]penetration and they will not give nor get interference from 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz Wifi systems.[/FONT]

Rydaddy

Yeah the ones we have work great! I think part of it is the one we use is more of a commercial business model. Its about their top multi-line system without going to a full PBX setup (or at least was, they have newer versions of this series now). This model has two regular phone jacks on the base and you can use it with up to 4 lines. The range is excellent (this is a wood and steel building and I can use the handset at least 150' from the base through wall and all with no problem) as is the call quality. The only thing that is sort of crappy on this model is the music on hold. It works well enough but the quality of the music playback is not very good and the stock music is awful. lol

Thanks! to OP: sorry if I took the thread off-track.

kheebl

Go with DECT 6.0 Plus Technology- 1.9GHz phones. You will have better wall penetration and they will not give nor get interference from 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz Wifi systems.

Thats what my phone has along with bluetooth so I can sync it with my cell which is a cool option.

Ditchmiester

If you are looking for something simple try Vonage Business. They will usually throw the phones in for free and have some pretty nice features.

vaughnlm

Rca

Just purchased a new (GOOGLE) RCA - VISYS system with base unit and 4 wireless station . . . love it