• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phonesoap...who's got one?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
So I picked up a like-new Phonesoap at our Salvation Army thrift store for $10 last summer and didn't give it much of a thought. Once cold and flu season hit, I dug it out of my file cabinet and put it to use occasionally.

Now, it seems Phonesoap banner ads and popups are spamming me like a bad virus, and I see that they're on quite a long backlog...and they also feature a price hike of around $30, compared to last summer. Along with hand sanitizer, Ebay profiteers appear to be trying to corner the market on them as well.

They claim that the cell phone is the "third hand you never wash", and with that in mind I've always cringed whenever I walk into a public loo and somebody is sitting on the can, deep in conversation. Yep...I'll bet there are germs on that phone.

JB

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The mobile phone screen is most definitely a very high touch surface. So is the computer keyboard, mouse, etc. I'm most wary of the high touch surfaces in public places, such as door handles, buttons on an ATM machine, etc.