Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo background removing tool found...

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by JoeRees, Nov 12, 2019.

1. JoeRees

JoeRees Member

Apr 7, 2015
    New England
    Here's something potentially useful - a new online utility from StickerMule to isolate subjects from a background. You have to sign up to use it but I tried it with several images and was very impressed with the results. This would be most handy as a comping tool for mockups as it produces a relatively low rez transparent .png file, but may save a lot of time in the right place.

https://www.stickermule.com/trace?u...19 (M7sKKS)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Deals

Tags:
    • Like Like x 2
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  2. SystemX17

SystemX17 New Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Townsville, Australia
    Thanks for the tip mate. Does it to a comparable job with Photoshop? Or is it just a good alternative if you don't have other software?

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Interesting use of the technology of late but the results on the photo I tried would not do for professional use. It suffers from the lack of any ability to edit the results it gives. Have you looked at the new Topaz Lab Mask AI software?

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoeRees

JoeRees Member

Apr 7, 2015
    New England
    You don't get to dictate the resolution it produces so no it'll never replace photoshop bit its main strength is that it's lightning-quick - like seconds to remove these backgrounds. Here's some sample images I grabbed with a variety of backgrounds...not perfect but extremely faster than I could do manually. WOuld be great for mocking up something for approval, then do it cleaner once you had the job.

[​IMG]

5. SystemX17

SystemX17 New Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Townsville, Australia
    That looks like a good time saver for quick jobs!

6. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I've always used Clipping Magic

7. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    .jpg to raw looks awesome. Have you used this?

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I recently bought the whole suite and am considering offering AI enhancement, cleanup and resizing as a service. The JPG to Raw is like each of the others in that it works great on some images and not so great on others.

9. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    To jump start you Fred. photodoc.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Good logo... but where are the tube socks?

11. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I checked it out, looks good, do you subscribe?

12. JoeRees

JoeRees Member

Apr 7, 2015
    New England
    I don't believe I've ever actually purchased anything from Sticker Mule but I am registered on the site. Registration only takes a moment and costs nothing but to automatically subscribe you to their emails which you can unsubscribe from if they get too invasive. That masking utility is part of their online toolbox to help customers create sticker layouts on the fly and put them right in the shopping cart. I would never create a piece of artwork I intended to sell in that manner but hey, if I can use it for mocking up a rough then it's a win for me.

13. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I used it mostly when it was free in beta and I was subscribed for about 6 months. It does work really good. Just swipe a green line on what you want to keep and swipe a red line on the rest and poof, perfect. It's great at fine line of hairs.

14. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    In the sandals of course.