Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photo conversion

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by sdimmick, Oct 12, 2010.

1. sdimmick

sdimmick Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Does anyone recommend someone for converting a car in a photo to vinyl cut ready?

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    vector doctor

3. sdimmick

sdimmick Member

Jun 30, 2010
    vector doctor is not an option, tried that already...too much detail involved.

4. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Vecotorize (Corel Trace or whatever) and then lots of cleaning / node smoothing, editing. I'm guessing, without seeing.

5. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    It is a photo of a car. In other words he wanted it converted from a photo into line art. I get requests like these all the time but it is far too subjective and like I told him, if you were to send this to 10 different people you would get 10 different versions as opposed to tracing clipart, logos, lineart in which there is no question as to how it should look

If there is anyone on here that does this kind of work, I would be happy to refer them to you. I would like to see before and after samples

There was someone on here that drew up very realistic sprint cars. Incredibly detailed and nice work. Not sure what he would charge but then again, is this too much detail? Are my customers expecting a $20 redraw when it could easily run in the hundreds for a high end illustration?

6. dasnootz

dasnootz Member

Jun 28, 2010
    lets see the before picture

7. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    How long do you expect it would take someone to do it? What are you willing to pay/// or are you looking for an "easy button"?

8. sdimmick

sdimmick Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Eric, again, thanks for the reply, i have never got this done before so I was checking you for options. I appreciate your input.

Here is the before.

Yes, i would like an "easy button", who wouldnt? Not sure what im willing to pay, never had this done before.

Attached Files:

9. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    There's a member named Whit who does outrageously good line art drawings from photos. You might want to contact him for a drawing and then have Eric vectorize it for you.

Whit is one of our independent artists at ExpressClipart.com. Here's a link to some of his art work.

10. sdimmick

sdimmick Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Thanks Fred! I need the easy button because my wife is giving birth to our second child tomorrow and I just dont have the time to do this....thanks for everyones help!

11. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    congratulations in advance on your latest addition to your family - best of luck!

12. sdimmick

sdimmick Member

Jun 30, 2010
    before and after

Check it out....Thanks to Chris (aka Auto-FX) for his conversion.
    Nice work, quick turnaround time!

:thankyou:

Attached Files: