• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photo conversion

Jim Doggett

Vecotorize (Corel Trace or whatever) and then lots of cleaning / node smoothing, editing. I'm guessing, without seeing.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It is a photo of a car. In other words he wanted it converted from a photo into line art. I get requests like these all the time but it is far too subjective and like I told him, if you were to send this to 10 different people you would get 10 different versions as opposed to tracing clipart, logos, lineart in which there is no question as to how it should look

If there is anyone on here that does this kind of work, I would be happy to refer them to you. I would like to see before and after samples

There was someone on here that drew up very realistic sprint cars. Incredibly detailed and nice work. Not sure what he would charge but then again, is this too much detail? Are my customers expecting a $20 redraw when it could easily run in the hundreds for a high end illustration?

jiarby

How long do you expect it would take someone to do it? What are you willing to pay/// or are you looking for an "easy button"?

sdimmick

Eric, again, thanks for the reply, i have never got this done before so I was checking you for options. I appreciate your input.

Here is the before.

Yes, i would like an "easy button", who wouldnt? Not sure what im willing to pay, never had this done before.

Attachments

• pood el camino pic.jpg
    pood el camino pic.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 82

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There's a member named Whit who does outrageously good line art drawings from photos. You might want to contact him for a drawing and then have Eric vectorize it for you.

Whit is one of our independent artists at ExpressClipart.com. Here's a link to some of his art work.

sdimmick

Thanks Fred! I need the easy button because my wife is giving birth to our second child tomorrow and I just dont have the time to do this....thanks for everyones help!

sdimmick

before and after

Check it out....Thanks to Chris (aka Auto-FX) for his conversion.
Nice work, quick turnaround time!

:thankyou:

Attachments

• pood el camino pic.jpg
    pood el camino pic.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 74
  • elcamino.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 158