• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photo enhancement software

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Photo enhancement can mean a lot of things. You might be talking about image editing, image enlargement or any of the hundreds of plugins, utilities, action sets, styles, that are available for such needs.

Corel X4 includes an image editor in their suite named PhotoPaint. I rarely use it because I prefer Adobe Photoshop which has a much larger user base and compatible aftermarket products. So I would first off recommend to you to invest in Photoshop and learn to use it. It will handle 99% of your needs.

Next, join the Adobe User Forums where you will find hundreds of enhancement tools available ... most of which are free.

If you are looking for better results in image enlargement, there are quite a few third party applications that address that need. A couple that come immediately to mind are Genuine Fractals and Blow Up.

Beyond that, Google is your friend. When you have a specific question about a specific product, post it here and you'll get lots of answers.

Tharnpheffa

I like Irfanview for the basics. Resizing, cropping, rotating, sharpening, brightness/ contrast, color enhancement etc,,,.
It's great when you don't want/need to launch Photoshop.
And, it's free, been using it for years.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Rodi

Really you cannot go wrong with Photoshop. That said, Photopaint you can do a lot with too. Are you doing all the creative, or are you taking client files? If it is just you, you don't really have to spend a dime, but if you are taking client files, get Photoshop, it is worth the price.

Rodi

Neil

I like Irfanview for the basics. Resizing, cropping, rotating, sharpening, brightness/ contrast, color enhancement etc,,,.
It's great when you don't want/need to launch Photoshop.
And, it's free, been using it for years.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Irfanview has been my default viewer for years too.
Great for flipping through the camera's card for viewing/editing/deleting etc.
The custom/fine rotation is very handy for work pics and the Lanczos filter is excellent for resampling.

It's small, quick and easy and free!

OldPaint

i have corel X3............PHOTOPAINT DOES ALL I NEED......... have tried PHOTOSHOP... but dont see any benifit over COREL PHOTOPAINT. now this is me..............but since you ALREADY HAVE IT....LEARN IT..... and you will be suprised.