• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo Enlargement

Mike_Koval

yeah, i guess i worded that wrong...without alot of pixelation. I guess one with good quality for someone wanting to do say 5' - 6' wall graphics

Rojo

I just completed a project enlarging & printing over 40 historic photos for a local business. I used Blow Up 2 by Alien Skin and it worked great. Very easy to use and quick. I read on here about this Photoshop process of enlarging a file 10% at a time but with the quantity I had to do I think I'd still be at it. Blow Up 2 has a free trial so you can evaluate it for your needs.

ChiknNutz

+1 for PhotoZoom Pro 2...though I've heard really good things about AlienSkin BlowUp as well. I think either would be fine.

jiarby

I have a 10lb sack of flour. Does anyone have something I can use to make it a 20lb sack of flour??

Photo Enlarging is like that too. The data is there or it isn't.

messmedia

... ok, guys, since I am working in DESIGN for quite some time now, I can say THERE iS NO SOFTWARE that can significantly enlarge ANY photo without pixelation.

Alien skin BLOWUp is a good one, I often use it. It can minimise jpeg artefacts, sharpen up photo, but, it also ADDS GRAIN to immage, and U can control how much.

Now, it is industry (design/print) standard, really, 'cause before ALIEN SKIN, we did just that: use median filter if it is scanned immage without descreening, fix colors, curves, unsharpmask-it, and then - add a little MONOCHROMATIC UNIFOM NOISE.
It just makes those blotchy, over-enlarged immages - viewable easier, and it looks better in print.