• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photo scan prints

whgjettdesigns

how can i make the scan of a picture be in actual picure quality using my mutoh falcon outoodr jr, using flexi 7.6 scanning qith hp scanjet? The pictures just doesnt print out nearly good enough quality.

SignsNowOH

The only true way of getting photo quality is having the raw digital file. You will always get non-photo quality prints from scanned photos because scanners cannot pick up all the fine detail and depth that a true digital file can give you.

astro8

That combination of equipment and software along with you even having to ask this question just doesn't add up to photo quality output.

jmcnicoll

Depending on the printer and how good your scan or capture of the photograph is, you can achieve pretty good results. Really depends on how good the print your copying is. Follow the copywright laws. However, if the originally was shot with a digital camera the original file is best. All said, I don't scan anymore I take a digital capture with my 21 megapixel SLR. No limit to size, and does better than most scanners.

jim

GARY CULY

i went through this ..it will not happen again and it was my fault to start with ....course guy says "cant you just scan this then print it?" well ...yes and no....i CAN do that.it will make some form of that,just not very good quality at all...so i was reading a post on here other day and some project they were doing was sorta the same ...if you have to use something they drag in from a drawer ,take a piture of it with your camara,now dont slam me you pros ,cause i know this isnt right,but that camara file will print way better than a scan image....and you will have SPMETHING to hand them...the whole world level of quality is slipping away fast ..crap is the new norm..just gotta be cheap!

Last edited:

schurms

It really depends on how you do it. A scanned image that is brought into photoshop and touched up prints just fine. Its the quality of the scan too. No problems here, takes time and money.

Bruce

GK

The only true way of getting photo quality is having the raw digital file. You will always get non-photo quality prints from scanned photos because scanners cannot pick up all the fine detail and depth that a true digital file can give you.

That is a pretty misleading statement considering that it is completely dependent on the camera hardware and the individual shooting that equipment. Someone that does not have enough basic knowledge can lose just as much detail over/under exposing a photo, shooting at an ISO that is too high/low etc. Not to mention that there are drum and negative scanners that can reproduce beautiful photos that some people would never achieve with a digital camera (once again though, all dependent on the original negatives to begin with).

Using a mediocre home quality scanner and the packaged scanner software...probably will not get you anywhere near quality results. Professional hardware, professional software on the other hand...its done every day.