• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo Size..Please help in a bind

OneUpTenn

Okay someone sent me an extremely high resolution photo...I need to reduce this to fit in graphic where the actual photo will be like 3 x 5 in.....I CAN NOT figure out how to reduce it to where it prints not pixelated...Please help. Thanks

chopper

you will need to be more specific about what software you are using etc..
so we can help you better..
//chopper

sdisney

Okay someone sent me an extremely high resolution photo...I need to reduce this to fit in graphic where the actual photo will be like 3 x 5 in.....I CAN NOT figure out how to reduce it to where it prints not pixelated...Please help. Thanks

This can depend on what software you are using.
CS4 Photoshop image size can be found under the program main menu"Image"
Go to image size make your adjustments to your preferred size. Make sure to sekect the resample image if you want to maintain the current ppi. To maintain the current file size deselect the Resample image and the ppi will go up as you size down the image or get smaller when you enlarge the image.

iSign

open in photoshop, go to image>image size, and UNcheck "resample"... then change your height & width to the smaller size needed. You will see your resolution increase & then when you say "ok" you won't even see a change... no pixels move, but the image size will be smaller with the same clarity

iSign

This can depend on what software you are using.
CS4 Photoshop image size can be found under the program main menu"Image"
Go to image size make your adjustments to your preferred size. Make sure to sekect the resample image if you want to maintain the current ppi. To maintain the current file size deselect the Resample image and the ppi will go up as you size down the image or get smaller when you enlarge the image.

ohhh... beat by seconds! :notworthy:

By the way, nice first post sdisney.. always like to notice someone's first post... even better when it's quality advice :thumb:

OneUpTenn

Oh sorry guys I really should have posted this information...I am using Corel Paint and then exporting as .psd to flexi to rip and print. I have tried resampling to no avail. It is a humongous file....I think it was taken with a 100 megapixel camera..haha. Anyway the original file size was like 22 x 30 inches (??) and I was trying to reduce it to like a 3 x 5.

I used image reducing software and that didnt work.

I feel like an idiot asking this question because I can blow an image up to print on the side of a tractor trailer...but cant REDUCE it...wth

Anyway, please let me know what you guys do in this situation. I was in bind so I did the only thing I knew to do. I printed it with Microsoft Picture Manager to a 4 x 6 print then scanned it in...haha...the things we do when we are in trouble.

chopper

sounds like a 10 megapixel camera, that is what I use, I do not use the programs that you are so I may not be of much help, but in signlab I can just grab the pic just like any other object and re-size it with out issue, I have done this with photos that I have taken, I would think flexi would work in the same or similar fashion
//chopper

Garbus

flexi surely does this. Unless you computer has trouble handling the file size, just open it in flexi and resize. with no loss in quality.

OldPaint

corel photo paint:
IMAGE, then click RESAMPLE, in that window, you can see pixels, or inches........choose pixels. change the top one to 1024, the bottom will change acordingly. this should bring the pic into a managable size on the screen. now open the print preview, and you can resize that down and then save as.........or export as a jpg to flexi

signage

down sizing

In Corel make sure you have the sizes set in the object fild of the PDF publishing window. These tabs are located under Publish to PDF> then the settings tab were you assign the fie name and location. See attached photo.

Attachments

• pdf exporting.jpg
    pdf exporting.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 60

J Hill Designs

I would as stated above just bring the orig image into flexi - whats to point of making it a psd? in corel of all software at that...

jc1cell

Normally, if I'm going to commercial print this (offset), I reduce the measurement size of the file to where I want it making sure that I'm not changing the quality of the file (not resampling up or down). Once at the size I need I resample to the resolution I want.

More often than not, when you have a measurement that high and you bring it to a lower one, the dpi will increase. Then I bring it down to a 450dpi (overkill but makes me feel comfortable) for offset print.

Hope I explained myself clearly. It works every time. Be sure to view your file on screen at print size rather than pixel or "fit to screen". This way you get an accurate view of what will print.

jc