• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo Tex not sticking

MrDesignGuy

I've got interior textured latex painted walls that are curved like a "C". I have installed Photo Tex on both the convex and concave surfaces of these walls. The convex surfaces I have installed the material on are staying just fine. These are 6' x 5' panels. The graphics I have installed on the concave surface which are 8' x 5' have completely fallen off due to the lack of adequate surface tension. I have also tried cast Oracal 3951RA on the same convex surface and sure enough it had fallen down within 24 hours. Can anyone suggest a material or method of getting these to stay. I've heard about Dreamscapes and using a wallpaper adhesive, though this sounds messy and not even sure if this would work on the convex shape. As a last resort I've thought about having the customer smooth the texture from the wall and trying the cast vinyl again, hoping it will grip enough to the smooth surface. My only concern is the convex shape will once again cause this to fall off. HELP WANTED PLEASE!

MrDesignGuy

I am talking about the concave side of the wall here, not the convex. Sorry, I hope this post isn't confusing. The outside convex side of the wall is holding all graphics well, just not the concave side.