Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Tex not sticking

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by MrDesignGuy, Aug 26, 2010.

1. MrDesignGuy

MrDesignGuy Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I've got interior textured latex painted walls that are curved like a "C". I have installed Photo Tex on both the convex and concave surfaces of these walls. The convex surfaces I have installed the material on are staying just fine. These are 6' x 5' panels. The graphics I have installed on the concave surface which are 8' x 5' have completely fallen off due to the lack of adequate surface tension. I have also tried cast Oracal 3951RA on the same convex surface and sure enough it had fallen down within 24 hours. Can anyone suggest a material or method of getting these to stay. I've heard about Dreamscapes and using a wallpaper adhesive, though this sounds messy and not even sure if this would work on the convex shape. As a last resort I've thought about having the customer smooth the texture from the wall and trying the cast vinyl again, hoping it will grip enough to the smooth surface. My only concern is the convex shape will once again cause this to fall off. HELP WANTED PLEASE!

Tags:
  2. MrDesignGuy

MrDesignGuy Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Thinking outside the box here... how about using liquid nails on a synthetic polyester anti-curl film? Anybody?

3. MrDesignGuy

MrDesignGuy Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I am talking about the concave side of the wall here, not the convex. Sorry, I hope this post isn't confusing. The outside convex side of the wall is holding all graphics well, just not the concave side.

4. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    wallpaper.