• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Photo Tex

TammieH

We have a wall graphic for interior drywall, I was wondering if anyone has used Photo Tex and how well does it stick? The wall I believe has been painted for some time, at least a month.

We do not print in house

I was looking at a Youtube Video on installation ...it appears that its not too tacky, easy to reposition

Thanks for your help and knowledge

dypinc

Be safe and get some and test. There are two different version one is higher tac which is probably best for painted drywall.

tbullo

Superunknown
Walter at phototex will send you a sample. It works great. Keep in mind that phototex is not opaque. Your overlaps will need to be cut like a carpet joint for best results.

MikePro

their "hi-tack"(EXS) version is my use-all-phototex as it still has that easy-apply/repositionable characteristic but sticks/holds that much better. their blockout version (OPA/OPASolvent) is also worth consideration, as it also has a slightly higher-tack than the original, but would be ideal if you intend to use overlaps, as phototex is almost like a milkjug-white transparant material on its own.

Billct2

I go with what WYLD uses, since he makes them for me. It is pretty easy to use and removes cleanly. We have done both trimmed seams and overlap seams, depends on the graphic

Hollywoodsigns

Designer, printer
We use the Photo Tex opaque/Blockout all the time, We just recently switched form the General Formulations GraphTex. Not because anything was wrong with it, it is just what the local supplier carries. But, just make sure the wall was not painted with a Low VOC paint. Even the high tack failed on us. Once the wall was repainted the regular adhesive worked like a champ.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I ordered a roll of the opaque PhotoTex for a wall I'll be doing at a local college and am looking forward to finally using it for a project after testing the normal PhotoTex years ago. I wanted the higher tac, but was glad to see the opaque is still higher tac than the original. I this project gives me issues sticking I plan on using spray adhesive to solve it. I used the Sihl knock off for a 8x18ft mural and it has been disappointing, partially because I didn't clean the wall before hand but bad enough that that can't be the only issue. The Sihl knock off was something that I had in shop and is regularly used for items of low importance (10,000 of them a year).

Last edited:
We have a wall graphic for interior drywall, I was wondering if anyone has used Photo Tex and how well does it stick? The wall I believe has been painted for some time, at least a month.

We do not print in house

I was looking at a Youtube Video on installation ...it appears that its not too tacky, easy to reposition

Thanks for your help and knowledge
I am happy to send anyone a FREE sample roll - just e-mail me at walterjr@phototexgroup.com and I will give you all the option on versions.