• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo & Video Editing Software

rcook99

My wife loves taking pictures and video. What I am wondering is what others are using for photo and video organizing and just minor manipulation such as red eye. She is not ready for photoshop do to its complex and steep learning curve. So I would like suggestions on what others are using and would suggest and why. I have looked at PS Elements but it will not play mpeg video files which is what our video camera produces. It plays them but with no sound.

rcook99

SlightlyChilled
Premium Subscriber Join Date: Dec 2009

For photos give her a Sharpie :p

Video I use Sony Vegas 8 put its a little hard at first but it does so much

That might cost me more in the long run replacing the monitor. LOL

schramm

Sony Vegas 8 is very good but personally just buy her a Flip HD camera. I own a iMac so I have iMovie and I can 100% edit a flip video in about 10 minutes and load it to YouTube.

She will like the Sony video editing software.

rcook99

I just bought her the Sony 60gb hard drive video camera. So the flip is out but I am going to look at Sony Vegas 8 for video and pictures for her.