• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photographic media

Legari

Hi, I have a XR-640 and I'm printing pictures on a semiphotographic media, the thing is, I want to know if its possible fo the plotter to cut the pictures without jamming, I dont know if thats the actual word, the thing is that I print several A3 pics and I tell the softwares to separately cut each one to A3 but sometimes I end up with the media getting "stuck" or jammed(the pinchrolls drag some parts of the media but not others and I end up having to restart the work). I dont really know how does the software works out which lines to cut first, but depending on the order, I end up with a perfectly cut job or garbage xD.

Is there anything I can do so the plotter can cut the pics for me? Or its just not intended to work that way?

Thanks in advance

DirtyD

If I understand your trying to Die-Cut (Perf-Cut) Photgraphic poster paper? How are you plotting it what plotter and software? You might also check the pressure that you are using, to much pressure from the blade will cause the media to jam because its trying to move but there is too much pressure holding it down while cutting

Legari

Hi, I think that die cut is the term, Im using a XR-640 and Versaworks, we've been testing the pressure in increments of 20 and we're using the minimum pressure for the plotter to be able to cut throught it and separate the pic from the rest of the media.

lgroth

It's not designed for die-cutting... You need a flatbed cutter for that, anytime you try to cut something out when the product is moving you'll have a problem. The roll plotters are designed for scoring, not full cut through. You can perf-cut them on a plotter, that way they stay attached and it doesn't destroy the cutting strip like trying to die cut. Cut em' by hand if they're square or rectangle, probably faster than using the printer to do it.