• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photopaint vs. Painter 11??

JK driver

I am thinking about purchasing Corel Painter 11. I have used Corel photopaint, but have not used the painter software. Can anybody tell me the difference between the two? Does Corel Painter 11 have that much more over Photopaint? I want to incorporate a Wacom tablet into my system. I have seen the vids of it being used in Painter but not Photopaint or Draw.

Any input??:beer

Artildawn

photopaint is more akin to photoshop in being designed primarily for image editing and manipulation. Painter on the other hand is targeted toward artists, particular those with traditional media backgrounds. It is designed to emulate artistic mediums such as oil, acrylic, charcoal, etc as well as surfaces such as water color paper and canvas, . Your intended use should dictate which you'd be better off with.

iSign Wraps

I agree with above completely, We use both, Mostly photopaint and use Painter for detail work. A Wacom is a must for painter and some of the effects from Painter like Liquid Metal ROCK.