Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Photopolymer vs thermoforming vs Injection Molded?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by TXFB.INS, Aug 21, 2018.

1. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Have a customer who is looking for a more durable ADA sign than what applique tactile and raster beads offer..
    It is my understanding these signs are going to be used on campus

Is there a vendor that is suggested for these type of ADA signs?
    Is there a method that is preferred by those who have used them?

Tags:
  2. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    http://www.bellcoinc.com

great company, great products.

Nothing is indestructible however I cannot fathom the amount of abuse that a normal ADA sign can take before it is rendered useless. You could go thicker but that only means it would be more easier to remove from wall. When customers make the ignorant requests such as this I have to question to them "what the hell is going in this campus?"

Order them the run of the mill ADA signs and be done with it, get the check and move on.

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Billet aluminum with powdercoat finish. Modern CNC equipment can do intricate work. Find a machine shop in your area and ask for a quote.

4. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    visual800visual800 Thank you for the vendor suggestion.
    agree most of the request gotten are absurd, these usually come from architectures

rjssignsrjssigns tried that, but they do NOT want metal for the material