• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PhotoPrint Server Pro 6 and "Cannot connect to the Printer" error

MonoJoker

Hi all,

Just got ourselves a used Seiko Instruments H-74S which I have up and running and connected to a RIP PC running PhotoPrint Server Pro 6.1v2 via USB. The PC seems to recognise the printer as I see it under Devices and printers OK - although it shows twice, once as a normal windows printer the second instance under "Unspecified" - see pic below.

So I try a test job and it rips then says "Cannot connect to the printer". I've tried all 4 of the "default" USB ports it lists (siit_hv_usb001 - 004) when installing but no difference. I've tried downloading a driver for the H-74S but it all seems like spam from those generic driver sites. On the last install it removed the exclamation point from on the Unspecified device in the list but still won't print. After the error it says "Wrong data format" but that can't be accurate as I'm trying a test print from the software itself.

Images below show my setup and the error.

Can someone help this is a replacement for a busted JV33 and I'm about a week behind in production so this weekend was my catchup chance. That's fast evaporating now :banghead:

Attachments

• photoprintlist.PNG
    photoprintlist.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 606
  • printerlist.PNG
    printerlist.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 413
  • printerror.PNG
    printerror.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 960
  • printerwrongdata.PNG
    printerwrongdata.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 776

FrankW

Had an issue a few years ago that a connected summa cutter interferes with that seiko ... when the cutter is connected, the RIP (Onyx) won't find the printer anymore.

How long is your USB-Cable? Try at maximum 5 Meters.

I hate USB for that kind of appliances.