• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoprinter Server 2.6 needed

styleyouneed

not sure where to post this question. this is my first post. very informative sight thanks in advance for any help. on to the question.

we run a Novajet 750 on an old server running windows ME and PHOTOprint Server 2.6 we use it for quick banners. we have been having problems with our server tower lately and need to replace it. The problem is we can not find out software disk for Photoprinter server 2.6. we have tried contacting a few dif dealers of the software and we get told they will look into it and get back to us and thats the last we hear from them. we tried contacting the company who makes the software and get a vm for tech support every time we sit and wait on hold.

can ANYONE direct me to where to go for a copy of the older software. we don't want or need to update to a newer version for how little we use the printer. plus i don't think our dongle will work on any others. i have looked into it and the cheapest i found that would run the Novajet 750 is around $1500. we do all our design work from our other software and just need this to rip and send to the printer.

any help would be great.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You will probably find the easiest solution is to go to a computer dealer, buy a new computer and have the dealer clone your old hard drive onto the new box.

styleyouneed

you can't clone a computer running Windows ME and then use the files on a new computer with a different operating system and different hardware. A clone of the HD is just that a clone of the drivers for the MB, hardware installed etc. to make a recovery faster and easier. Unless i have my info wrong?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
you can't clone a computer running Windows ME and then use the files on a new computer with a different operating system and different hardware. A clone of the HD is just that a clone of the drivers for the MB, hardware installed etc. to make a recovery faster and easier. Unless i have my info wrong?

The idea is to duplicate the OS and all installed software onto a new computer. You can also specify to the computer builder to include whatever hardware devices you may want such as LPT and serial ports, etc. We prefer to continue running our XP Pro OS and drive our Gerber Edge from an LPT port. We've replaced older, failing computers twice like this in the last two years with no problems. The replacement box works just like the older one except that it runs faster.

FrankW

With an operating system newer than Windows ME, Windows 2000 or early versions of Windows XP (specially avoid service pack 3), you will run into compatibility problems with PhotoPRINT 2.6.

styleyouneed

thanks for both replies.

that is another thing we are trying to solve. the slowness of job processing too. i don't have a problem running ME on this tower since its only used for the printer. i guess my next thing to do is find a better tower than can run ME? Is that the only compatible os for my version of Photoprint 2.6