• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photos printing with a green tint.... SoljetIII XJ640

FSDesigner

Hi Everyone!
We have been, for some reason, asked to print several jobs lately that involve photographs - on canvas, on clear vinyl, on paper for framing... and the pictures are coming out super GREEN tinted. I've been talking with my technician and he suggests I make my files RGB and let my RIP (VersaWorks 5.5.1) convert it to CMYK and that should help with the green. I also have tried different profiles, none that seem to really work that well on photographs. I was wondering if anyone else has had and solved this issue and if there are any other suggestions I can try. My printer is a Roland SoljetIII XJ-640 ( I also have an XJ-740) 6 color ink (yes we use 3rd party ink). Thanks in advance!

Andy D

Back in the day, when I was a custom photo processor, photos taken under fluorescent lights always had a green tint & there was only so much you could do to color correct them...
I'm not sure if it's the same for digital cameras though....

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
This might not be your problem but....I have a Roland SC540 PRO II Print & Cut. I've had it since 2004 and have to have it "tuned up" ever so often to keep it printing well. Usually every two to three years. I ran into a problem a few years ago with my prints having a "green tint" to it. Especially noticeable in grey colors. I tried alot of different things and finally called Graphix Network. I think they called the problem linearization, where over time my printer began printing slightly different colors. They were very helpful and were able to send a tech out to fix the problem.
I've used them several times over the years for things I couldn't fix and was very impressed with their professional work. They are very good too about diagnosing the problem over the phone
and email BEFORE sending out a tech. Here is a link to them https://www.grafxnetwork.com/

SIGNTIME

We had this problem printing photos for wraps or anything else. I ended up downloading a profile from Oracal and I use their profile whenever i have anything with photos to print.

Jun Lanon

The green tint happens when ripping the file without spot white and your rip software's spot white and spot varnish is enabled. Re rip it again and double check the spot white is disabled.

FSDesigner

Update: My printer technician suggested that with photos I change the files to RGB instead of CMYK and print on the Pre Press profile and it worked like a charm! I have no ide why or how, it just worked. It doesn't work with vector files... still have to use other methods to getting greys, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks everyone for your input.