Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photoshop 3

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by MafiaWraps, Dec 22, 2009.

1. MafiaWraps

MafiaWraps Member

Dec 11, 2009
    just curious if this is a decent program to mess around on and get my feet wet? never played in photoshop so i just wanted some opinions....:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd stick with mspaint :thumb: j/k yeah I would get to know it - hopefully you mean cs3..photoshop 3 was early '90's or earlier...

3. MafiaWraps

MafiaWraps Member

Dec 11, 2009

what would be a fair price for this , used? also comes with a 1000 brushes:help

4. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    i hope you mean cs3, photoshop 13. it's great for raster artwork, not so much on vector.

5. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    LoL threw me for a loop with the thread title. Since Photoshop 3 came out in '94 I don't think you would be making wraps in that anytime soon. CS3 (is actually v10.0) is perfect

6. MafiaWraps

MafiaWraps Member

Dec 11, 2009

yes its cs3

7. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Premium Subscriber

I use cs3 and ai all the time. Excellent programs..and you will need both-- imo
    The brushes hold no value as they are generally free and easily created.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. There are a lot of great tutorials on it that are pretty easy to follow. I got a copy of Aurora Graphics Pro Designer 1 and 2 that were excellent tools to learn from. They are designed specifically for teaching how to design in Photoshop CS3 for the sign and wrap business. I highly recommend both of them, it will save you tons of time than trying to learn it from a book. I took a few Photoshop classes at the local college but they are more greared toward photo manipulation and photo retouching, it gave me a good basis to start but though overall it was a waste of time because it was not geared toward the sign business. I did not care very much about learning how to erase wrinkles off some dried up old fossil and making someones boobs bigger. Get the DVD's you won't regret it!