• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photoshop 3

MafiaWraps

just curious if this is a decent program to mess around on and get my feet wet? never played in photoshop so i just wanted some opinions....:thankyou:

GK

LoL threw me for a loop with the thread title. Since Photoshop 3 came out in '94 I don't think you would be making wraps in that anytime soon. CS3 (is actually v10.0) is perfect

zmatalucci

I use cs3 and ai all the time. Excellent programs..and you will need both-- imo
The brushes hold no value as they are generally free and easily created.

Last edited:

trimitbyrich

There are a lot of great tutorials on it that are pretty easy to follow. I got a copy of Aurora Graphics Pro Designer 1 and 2 that were excellent tools to learn from. They are designed specifically for teaching how to design in Photoshop CS3 for the sign and wrap business. I highly recommend both of them, it will save you tons of time than trying to learn it from a book. I took a few Photoshop classes at the local college but they are more greared toward photo manipulation and photo retouching, it gave me a good basis to start but though overall it was a waste of time because it was not geared toward the sign business. I did not care very much about learning how to erase wrinkles off some dried up old fossil and making someones boobs bigger. Get the DVD's you won't regret it!