Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop and versaworks troubles

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by grafikguy, Jan 20, 2020.

1. grafikguy

grafikguy President

Oct 10, 2007
    Old Town, Maine
    I have two workstations that were recently updated to windows 10. I cannot print from photoshop to roland versaworks with them. I have uninstalled and re installed the software and the printers are shown once you go to print, but the file is not showing up in versaworks. Do i have to specify a path to get the files? Any thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Print from Photoshop to versaworks? I never heard of that... My Versaworks doesn't even recognize Photoshop files.
    I have always "saved as" or "export" as Tiff, Jpeg, PDF, or EPS, from whatever program I was working from, and then opened the file in Versaworks.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. grafikguy

grafikguy President

Oct 10, 2007
    Old Town, Maine
    We had them printing directly to versaworks prior to the upgrade. There must be a way to make it work.

4. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    You need to install the printer driver when you set up the printer in VW. Make a note of the IP address, then remove the printer from VW and add it in again. Look for the option to add the printer driver, then it will show up in your windows printer list and you can send jobs to VW using the CTRL+P or File>Print options in most any Windows software.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andy D

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Good to know, will this work with other programs, such as Corel Draw?

6. Andy D

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    And can you send files that need to contour cut using this method?

7. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    You can literally print from any program that has a File>Print menu function including Corel.
    I really don't use that workflow, but I set it up for some customers who prefer to use it that way. I'll have to install the printer driver on my computer and get back to you on that.

8. grafikguy

grafikguy President

Oct 10, 2007
    Old Town, Maine
    With the XR 640, there is not an option to "add printer driver". However, the VG 540 we have gave that option when setting it up and it worked. How do I install the driver for the XR 640?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020