• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop and versaworks troubles

grafikguy

President
I have two workstations that were recently updated to windows 10. I cannot print from photoshop to roland versaworks with them. I have uninstalled and re installed the software and the printers are shown once you go to print, but the file is not showing up in versaworks. Do i have to specify a path to get the files? Any thoughts?

Andy D

Print from Photoshop to versaworks? I never heard of that... My Versaworks doesn't even recognize Photoshop files.
I have always "saved as" or "export" as Tiff, Jpeg, PDF, or EPS, from whatever program I was working from, and then opened the file in Versaworks.

Last edited:

Joe House

You need to install the printer driver when you set up the printer in VW. Make a note of the IP address, then remove the printer from VW and add it in again. Look for the option to add the printer driver, then it will show up in your windows printer list and you can send jobs to VW using the CTRL+P or File>Print options in most any Windows software.

Andy D

You need to install the printer driver when you set up the printer in VW. Make a note of the IP address, then remove the printer from VW and add it in again. Look for the option to add the printer driver, then it will show up in your windows printer list and you can send jobs to VW using the CTRL+P or File>Print options in most any Windows software.

Good to know, will this work with other programs, such as Corel Draw?

Joe House

Good to know, will this work with other programs, such as Corel Draw?
You can literally print from any program that has a File>Print menu function including Corel.
And can you send files that need to contour cut using this method?
I really don't use that workflow, but I set it up for some customers who prefer to use it that way. I'll have to install the printer driver on my computer and get back to you on that.

grafikguy

President
With the XR 640, there is not an option to "add printer driver". However, the VG 540 we have gave that option when setting it up and it worked. How do I install the driver for the XR 640?

Last edited: