• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop course

Maritimer

I've been making vinyl signs for several years with very old software. I've been thinking of getting a printer and would like to learn/practice on designing first on newer software. There is a photoshop course starting soon & I was wondering if this would be good to take. Any thoughts?

ericmitchell29

Hey from someone who grew up on the Maine Border... Calais area.

Photoshop is a great tool to have. If you can get an illustrator class, i would definitely take that.

Stay warm,

Eric

Maritimer

Thanks for your replies. I'm getting Adobe creative suite 4 premium design installed on my computer today. I have a good computer guy that's fixing me up. This has Illustrator CS4 as one of the programs. The course at North Idaho College is on CS2. Do you know of any books or DVD's on the CS4 or would I better to find someone that already knows the program and get them to teach me?

If I design something on Illustrator, can I forward this to someone that has digital printing equipment to print for me?

SignBurst PCs

Thanks for your replies. I'm getting Adobe creative suite 4 premium design installed on my computer today. I have a good computer guy that's fixing me up. This has Illustrator CS4 as one of the programs. The course at North Idaho College is on CS2. Do you know of any books or DVD's on the CS4 or would I better to find someone that already knows the program and get them to teach me?

If I design something on Illustrator, can I forward this to someone that has digital printing equipment to print for me?

Honestly, if you get a good grasp of CS2, then you are going to be fine in CS4. In any case, there are a ton of books out there for CS4, including a "dummies" book.

Yes, any digital printer should be able to print from your Illustrator (or Photoshop) file.

Ken

Welcome from BC.
I would have suggested setting yourself up with Corel X3 or 4.
Nothing wrong with the adobe products. Allow time for the learning curve.
Cheers!
Ken

Siguy

Also there's about a hundred billion tutorials for PS and Illy on the net.

They're free and cater for pretty well every possibility.

Email me and I'll send you my bookmarks for PS and Illy.

Lynda.com tutorials are good but man that Deke's voice gets up my nose. If I want to get my wife to leave the office I just put one on as we have the stereo hooked up to my computer. Works every time. :rock-n-roll:

cheers

Simon