Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop CS Question

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Fred Weiss, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    In earlier versions of Photoshop, I always found the ability to select all pixels on a layer by control + clicking on the layer in the layer palette to be very straightforward and easy. That feature seems to have been replaced or dropped in the current version 9. As it is now, it appears that I must lock transparent pixels and then select all to accomplish the same thing. Is there something I'm missing or is this the best way to accomplish it?

Tags:
  2. 3CGraphics

3CGraphics Member

May 23, 2004
    ATL Area
    I Ctrl click the layer and it selects whatever is there like always - not transparent but any pixels or text - whatever is on the layer I have PhotoshopCS not CS2 though - are you asking about CS2 ?

3. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    You have to Ctrl+Click on the layer's thumbnail image in PSD CS2.

I think the Ctrl+Click behavior was changed because of the new align/distribute options one can use for multiple objects on separate layers.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Thank you Bobby. That helps a lot.