Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PhotoShop CS4 issue

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by jgolo, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jgolo

jgolo Member

Oct 19, 2005
    On my Windows machine the brush disappears when you make the brush larger than about 80pxls.

I have tried updating the video card driver 3 times and still have the problem. Has anyone else had this and fixed it?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Premium Subscriber

my cs3 just started doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soo pissed

3. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    My CS4 does it too . . . I haven't done it yet, but try changing the brush to precise or vice-versa in the options and see if that works.

4. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

may be a dumb/obvious suggestion but is your caps lock on?

5. jgolo

jgolo Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Tried both of those and still no luck.

Thanks,

6. rocket97

rocket97 New Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Hope this helps?

Solution 1: Update your video card driver.

Download the most recent version of the display driver from your display card manufacturer's website. Follow the directions on how to update your video card from the display card manufacturer or operating system's website.
    Note: If updating your driver does not solve the problem, then regularly check for new drivers.
    Solution 2: Disable GPU support

1. Close all image windows.
    2. Deselect Enable OpenGL Drawing in Photoshop > Preferences > Performance (Mac OS) or Edit > Preferences > Performance (Windows).
    3. Reopen your images.
    via Adobe>support>technotes