• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop file too LARGE

I have a 60 x 36" photoshop file... with a 126kb picture in it that im blowing up to about 3/4 the size of the banner layout. And a few lines of text with layer styles on them. It saves at 2 gigs! Do you guys usually design in half scale when anything in photoshop is over 30" or so?

showcase 66

What is your dpi set at. We design our banners at a dpi of 150. Pretty much all of our large format is at 150. Smaller things like biz cards and those are done at 350.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Banners will print fine down to 125 dpi (that's what I design banners & digital prints over 2'x2' at anymore), the inkjets seem to do a great job of taking care of the rest.
Layer styles/effects take upa lot of space also; especially at high resolutions.

threeputt

Yep. Too high of rez. Cut it way back.

Wraps can be done at 80 dpi. But most of our stuff is run out at 150 dpi.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
layers may also contribute to a large file size, especially if your dpi is high -- cuz then you don't just have one layer at high res...