Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photoshop fills to flexi

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by LizardWraps, Aug 13, 2010.

1. LizardWraps

LizardWraps Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Ok here is my problem!! I want to make some signs and fills in photoshop then open them in flexi for printing. I usually set it up like this... CMYK resolution 300 and size it to the size i need ( like 18x24 ) for the road signs. Everything works good up to about 18 x 24, but when I try larger sized graphics the are never clear when I open them in Flexi. I tried flattening the image, and converting it to pdf also, but nuthin' blurry blurry blurry. Any Sugestions?? Settings?? CS2

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Enlarging raster files has its limits and is something to avoid whenever possible. If you're getting blurry results, it's because you've enlarged your image more than the original data can support.

3. LizardWraps

LizardWraps Member

Mar 26, 2008
    i tried 72dpi cmyk but when it gets sized up in flexi it gets lost

4. LizardWraps

LizardWraps Member

Mar 26, 2008
    need some type of start file so i can create a fill that can be enlarged without loosing resolution.

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Actually I would say that you need a file that has been saved at the pixel dimensions desired for the output so you don't have to enlarge in Flexi.

Being at production size or larger and sizing down is always preferable to being too small and enlarging the image.