• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photoshop fills to flexi

LizardWraps

Ok here is my problem!! I want to make some signs and fills in photoshop then open them in flexi for printing. I usually set it up like this... CMYK resolution 300 and size it to the size i need ( like 18x24 ) for the road signs. Everything works good up to about 18 x 24, but when I try larger sized graphics the are never clear when I open them in Flexi. I tried flattening the image, and converting it to pdf also, but nuthin' blurry blurry blurry. Any Sugestions?? Settings?? CS2

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Enlarging raster files has its limits and is something to avoid whenever possible. If you're getting blurry results, it's because you've enlarged your image more than the original data can support.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Actually I would say that you need a file that has been saved at the pixel dimensions desired for the output so you don't have to enlarge in Flexi.

Being at production size or larger and sizing down is always preferable to being too small and enlarging the image.