• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop help

rzr2rocket

Does anyone know a good tutorial or reference in using Adobe Photoshop CS4. I am having trouble making a collage poster. The collage will have black and white images mixed with color ones. Cutouts and outlines around the objects. Transparent with non transparent pics. I will also imported it into Flexi 8 to put fonts on the poster.

Allied Digital

eeewh - I know someone who just upgraded CS3 to 4
They have been very frustrated as is seems completely different!
Sorry I can't help - my experience is limited.

Letterbox Mike

Welcome.

What exactly are you having trouble with? Are you already proficient at Photoshop or do you know very little about it? If you're not experienced with it, you really need to either take a few classes in it or at least pick up a Photoshop for Dummies or similar book.

acothran

Welcome from KY.

Insignia is right on. I have CS3 at home and CS4 at work and for most things I do, there's not a huge difference (yes, the cosmetics are different). http://psd.tutsplus.com/ is a great site full of tutorials but if you need to know the difference in a polygonal lasso and the dodge tool before you start there. If you are just starting in Photoshop, the dummy type books are good or Lynda.com (subscription site) is great is you want to invest in a full gamut of tutorial videos.

Finally, on the project you are working on, it is hard to tell what help you need from your post. Let us know your experience with Photoshop or more detail about what specifically you are having trouble with, and also it might help for you to show a sample/reference image of what you are trying to create or the look you are going for. Good luck.

Allen

rzr2rocket

yeah, I just got Illustartor and Photoshop CS4 so my experience is very limited. At this point and time I dont need to know the full operation of Photoshop. I guess I really need to learn the correct and easy way to mask an object and send it to flexi. But i will check out all the suggested websites. I did send for a free issue of NAPP magazine just to try it out, but thats been 2 months ago. Thanks for the help!

luggnut

lynda.com has a monthly subscription for about $25 per month... lots of good video tutorials. it is a great resource.

trimitbyrich

I upgraded to CS 4 recently. I will say at first I hated it. It worked a bit diffeerent but as I learn how to use it I actually prefer it now. I love how you can now choose a layer by clicking on it just like Flexi does. That was a big improvement and time saver.

mediaman

Join NAPP for $100, which gets you a year of site membership and a year subscription to Photoshop magazine. Very good archive of tutorials from A to Z. Highly recommended.