• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photoshop help

Flubber

Im just learning photoshop cs4 and i cant save the file to a jpeg it only gives me .tiff .psb .dic or.raw can someone help me please!

Flubber

Not sure if his is right but i cropped some of the image to make it smaller (got rid of the extra white that was there and if finally gave me more options

luggnut

if the image is over a certain size (30,000x30,000 i believe?) it is consider a psb and not a psd.. large document format. and these can't be saved as a jpg... so you have to shrink size or lower the resolution.

artbot

also, look at the top bar where the file name is on your file window. what does it say? some color modes do not save as .jpg. you might have accidentally changed it to "index color" etc. switch it to grayscale, rgb, or cmyk and see if it saves.

mikey-Oh

typically in PS i want save with layers as a tiff or psd, for production purposes. if i'm sending a proof to teh client, i shrink the canvas/resolution and save for web/export a low res jpeg