Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by DRPSignsNGrafix, Nov 5, 2020.

1. DRPSignsNGrafix

DRPSignsNGrafix Very Active Member

OK I am not very good with photoshop. I have a customer that sent me a .psd file that he wants me to use in a design for something. He wants certain parts of it to be a different color though. I open the .psd file and it has "layer 0" which is the design. Can't change anything there. Then it has a layer labeled "hue/saturation 1" There I can use a slide bar to change the color of the parts he wants changed. However I can not get it to the color I need. I'm banging my head against the wall here. Who can help me.

Tags:
  2. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    I can help you... for the hue/saturation adjustment layer - does it change everything, or is it a mask that only changes parts of it?

If it only changes/affect part of the image: hold down the Ctrl button and click on that layer in the layers pallet. Now you should see a bunch of dancing "ants" that is a selection. At the bottom of the layers pallet, make a new adjustment layer - Color Balance. Play with that to get the color you want.
    There are other ways to do this, without seeing the artwork, this is my first suggestion
    upload_2020-11-5_10-27-3.png

Attached Files:

3. DRPSignsNGrafix

Boudica,
    If I send you the file do you think you can take a quick look at it and help me out?

4. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    sure :)

5. DRPSignsNGrafix

What email you want me to send it too? Thanks so much.

6. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    I sent you a message on your profile page

7. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

I want to see the dancing ants.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018