• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop project.

showcase 66

I took a photoshop class at our Community College here to better my knowledge of the program. The teacher is a photographer and knows photoshop really well and very knowledgeable. Only problem I have with the course is that it is catered more towards either photo restoration or contemporary art. I knew that going into it but was hoping there would be more about what I was looking for. Has been a great refresher and picked up a lot of new ways to do things and remembered other ways. I guess you kinda get in a rut sometimes doing things the same way that you forget that there are other ways to do them.

Anyways, We had a Surrealism project we had to do and part of the project we were given 5 images and we needed to use 4 of them to create something.

My images were of a light bulb, corn field, industrial facility with smoke, a vintage industrial area, and a cow. I didnt use the cow but I came up with this.

The background was easy but the light bulb was a pain in the arse.

It has already been turned in, but I just wanted to get some input from the s101 family.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Surrealism blue2.jpg
    Surrealism blue2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 74

Mainframe

Very nice! Great idea taking a course like that, it is good to push yourself out if the box like that.

I really like the lightbulb project you did, I see your time and money were not waisted.

showcase 66

Very nice! Great idea taking a course like that, it is good to push yourself out if the box like that.

I really like the lightbulb project you did, I see your time and money were not waisted.

Thanks. In reality, I spend most of my time in the class helping others. I am also trying not to just use the techniques I know and do things the way the book is asking you to do everything for each section. I figured, if I could learn a couple new things that can help me cut my working time down on a project, the more profitable my design time will be.

The best part for me is that the teacher has thousands and thousands of pictures that she has taken that I can use for projects. All I need to do is tell her what I am looking for and she sends me a link with a password to view her online images. When I find what I need, I tell her and she sends me the highest quality she has for only $5 an image. Only good for the project I am working on but its like having a personal istock photo site.

rjssigns

Nice work:thumb:

When I took my Advanced PS class we had to animate a still of our choice. Betcha didn't know you could do that did ya?
Check out the Cory Barker tutorials. That is where the instructor got the idea.

BPI Color

Very nice.
Check out the Photoshop WOW book by Peach Tree press. It's uncomfortably like reading a software manual at times. But, there's some incredibly valuable info in there.

SignManiac

I've enjoyed many hours creating my personal stuff in photopaint over the years. I'm self taught and learned just by trying to figure stuff out the hard way. And I know I've barely scratched the surface!

Have fun with it.

signswi

That brings me back, had a similar project in Computer Graphics 118 (required by all art majors) back in the day except you had to take the photos yourself and it had to illustrate a scene out of the book Necromancer. Grading scale was mostly on how well you integrated the elements to give a uniform atmosphere to the work.