• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop question

2NinerNiner2

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the 'Brightness/Contrast' adjustment dialog window 'open' with successive files? I have a lot of images to adjust and it's a real PITA to have to open that for every one...I know it's a modal dialog but is there a way to have it on the tool bar or in some other manner?

Thanks!
Lyle

animenick65

Not that I know of. Best bet is a keyboard shortcut or at least making/running an action if you need the same adjustment across a large number of pictures.

2NinerNiner2

Thanks! I had thought about that, and if they were all requiring the same adjustment, that would be a great way to do it...but these are all different.

HardbargerSigns

The best thing to do is to set up an action, you can set up actions in Photoshop to do any number of things, for instance, you can set up an action that;
•runs a complex color correction curve or levels
•an unsharp mask
•brightness/contrast
•re-size
•rgb to cmyk and back
and on and on and on...

That is what I have done in the past. and it saves TIME! GREAT feature, with a little research & trial & error, you'll be using it on MANY projects that require batch images that need to receive the same filters and adjustments.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Bryan

Derf

You could also create a droplet in image ready using Photoshop actions to take it a step further.

RobGF

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the 'Brightness/Contrast' adjustment dialog window 'open' with successive files? I have a lot of images to adjust and it's a real PITA to have to open that for every one...I know it's a modal dialog but is there a way to have it on the tool bar or in some other manner?

Thanks!
Lyle

This isn't meant to sound negative, but if you're looking to adjust photographic images (scans, digital photos, etc.) the Brightness/Contrast controls are about the last controls a person would ever want to use. Brightness/Contrast controls are VERY destuctive and in almost all cases end up flattening the image more then other tools would. If I wanted to adjust an image I would at the very least look at levels but probably I'd go to curves. Of course, if you're doing something else just ignore this :)

Rob

2NinerNiner2

Thanks Rob, and yeah, I know what you mean about curves vs. b&c :) But the same would hold true for getting the 'curves' dialog to "stay put" for each image :) I have 189 images to 'adjust' and it gets REALLY tedious bringing up those dialogs for each one, even with the keyboard shortcuts :)

Oh well, "I do believe" that I will just pull a "Gino" on this project ...

:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

Cheers!
Lyle

bigbly

sometimes a simple auto levels will do - hit the keyboard shortcut, worth a try anyways

shift-ctrl-L

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I was going to say the same as above- Brightness/contrast is the worst way of achieving an improvement, (it's irreversible, and data at extreme ends of the scale is lost forever) but if that suits you, the auto-levels shortcut (ctrl-shift-L) might suit you, and make that into a droplet which you apply to a duplicate folder of the original images, and it's automatic. Don't ruin the originals.